Pediatric Skin Conditions Treatment
Children from infancy through adolescent and teenage years can experience a wide variety of skin conditions. From atopic dermatitis (eczema) and diaper rash to warts, hemangiomas and acne, there are many pediatric skin conditions that may require treatment. If your child needs medical care for a skin condition, you can trust our dermatology team at LM Medical NYC. We offer pediatric skin condition treatments at our clinic in Manhattan.
Dr. Morgan Rabach is one of the top-rated dermatologists in NYC and has many years of experience in her field. Her expertise in all things skin related includes providing excellent care for children with skin conditions. Dr. Morgan can accurately diagnose skin diseases or conditions that impact infants, children and teens, and offers effective treatments to protect their skin and health.
Types of Childhood Skin Conditions
There are a variety of skin conditions that affect children of all ages. Some can be uncomfortable for the child, while others may have cosmetic or aesthetic concerns. The most common types of pediatric skin conditions include:
- Diaper dermatitis – diaper rash or dermatitis includes a few different types of dermatitis in the diaper area. This includes irritant and allergic contact dermatitis, as well as yeast skin infections.
- Seborrheic dermatitis – also known as cradle cap, seborrheic dermatitis is a fungal skin infection that can affect the scalp, face, neck and skinfold areas.
- Warts – children are prone to warts. While they do not pose a health risk, they can be a cosmetic concern.
- Atopic dermatitis – also known as eczema, atopic dermatitis can begin in infancy and beyond, causing red, itchy and dry skin patches.
- Hemangiomas – hemangiomas are a common type of birthmark. Some hemangiomas may need treatment for health or aesthetic concerns.
If you need a pediatric dermatologist in New York City, contact us at LM Medical NYC in Greenwich Village to schedule a skin consultation for your child with renowned dermatologist Dr. Morgan. We are your source for pediatric skin condition treatments.